[Qgis-developer] Configuring location for Shared library files (libqgis_gui.so)

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Fri May 18 22:20:21 PDT 2012

Hello,

My GSOC work primarily deals with the GUI enhancement. Hence I endup
modifying the libqgis_gui.so files all the time.My install directory
is  ~/bin/qgis/ Hence whenever I make install, the new .so files are
put in the {INSTALL_DIR}/lib/. But when {INSTALL_DIR}/bin/qgis is run
it doesn't take the .so files from {INSTALL_DIR}/lib/. Instead it
always uses the /usr/lib/ files.

I manually copy the .so files everytime into the /usr/lib into order
to test and debug. I would like to know how can I configure or do
something to make qgis use .so files from {INSTALL_DIR}/lib instead of
/usr/lib

Thank you.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic