[Qgis-developer] Discussion on browser and file extensions

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed May 23 02:12:23 PDT 2012

I agree.  Showing filetype in the legend is just ui noise that isn't needed. How
often do you open the same layer from different sources with the same name.
Even if people do I doubt it would be more then a couple and then the tooltips
would do fine.  Don't add something that adds UI noise for a 5% use case.
Like Martain said, keep it simple.  This is what QGIS should aim to excel at.

I'm am in two minds about if extensions should be shown in the browser, again
I worry that it is UI noise.

- Nathan