[Qgis-developer] Discussion on browser and file extensions

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Wed May 23 05:24:44 PDT 2012

Hi all,

On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 19:12 +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> I agree.  Showing filetype in the legend is just ui noise that isn't needed. How
> often do you open the same layer from different sources with the same name.
> Even if people do I doubt it would be more then a couple and then the tooltips
> would do fine.  Don't add something that adds UI noise for a 5% use case.
> Like Martain said, keep it simple.  This is what QGIS should aim to excel at.

I don't want to insist, but large projects (100 or more layers) are
quite common among... common users. An *option* to allow recognize the
datatypes in TOC (an icon or els) would be much appreciated (tips are
not that handy, I can make a few examples).

Anyway I hope that at least extensions in browser will not be removed,
they are not handy just when D&D in DB Manager.

cheers

-- Giovanni --