[Qgis-developer] Python support in project file

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:43:53 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Giuseppe
>
> This is awesome from the point of view of SEXTANTE. One of the biggest
> problems in SEXTANTE for gvSIG is that, if you have saved your results
> as temporary files, the project will keep a link to them, but they
> will be deleted once you exit the program. This problem appears also
> in QGIS, but it woould be solved if I could add a script to be
> executed when saving a project, so it can check that layers are not
> temporary (and if they are, save them to a permanent location).

Hi Victor

actually there was already some motion regarding this issue. The idea
was to have a common behavior - every time a user would try to close a
project with in-memory layers (i.e. layers with "memory" provider),
QGIS should ask whether those layers should be kept - and store them
in a suitable format on disk (e.g. spatialite) and update the
references within the project. I think it is reasonable to have this
kind of generic behavior directly in QGIS since it is not just a
problem of SEXTANTE.

So we just need someone to sit down and write a patch for that :-)

Regards
Martin