[Qgis-developer] Multilanguage plugin development

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 1 08:04:13 PDT 2012

Hi,

I need to make a german-only QGIS Python-Plugin dual language
(german/french). I have never done this before.

The GUI is partially defined with .ui-files, but also from within the
Python code.

My questions:

* are there existing multilanguage python plugins that I can use as a
good example?
* How can I detect from python which language the QGIS main interface is
using?
* I think for the .ui files the translation process is more or less
straightforward - but what is the best way to store multi-language ui
information if the ui is built from Python code?

Thank you for your help or examples to get started,
Andreas