[Qgis-developer] Changing the Renderer Type in PyQGis Application

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Nov 1 13:08:20 PDT 2012

Hi

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Justin Hubbard
> <justin at pyrotechsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can iface be called from a standalone PyQGis application?
>

> In a standalone PyQGIS application, qgis.utils.iface has no object assigned
> (it is None). This makes sense because iface is an interface to a running
> QGIS application and with standalone PyQGIS app there isn't one.
>
> If you need to (e.g. to support python plugins in your application), you can
> implement iface yourself (see QgisInterface class).

Here is a little example of how you might implementing your own iface instance:

https://github.com/AIFDR/inasafe/blob/master/safe_qgis/qgis_interface.py

Though I suspect you are trying to reuse code from the QGIS
application (to show layer properties) which the above approach isnt
going to help you with.

Regards

Tim

> Martin