[Qgis-developer] Merging of incompatible changes

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Nov 3 01:13:18 PDT 2012

On 11/02/2012 08:12 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>> I say this because I'm fairly sure there's a lot of us that use 1.9 as if it were stable (or at least as stable as the development versions that turned into 1.7 and 1.8 were) and more than normally this is about not to be the case.

Yep /me guilty too, I've been promoting using 1.9 also here in The
Netherlands (actually to be able our national wmts services...)

> How about we update the splash screen with a suitable 'this is going
> to break some eggs' warning....?

Good idea! But isn't that 'too late' already? A user seeing that splash
already installed the version breaking his eggs over his working
version.... Or we should start showing it now already before the real
api-breaks?

Maybe we do the warning in one of the first screens of the msi-installer
also?

The osgeo4w does not have a possibility to warn users/upgraders is it?
Maybe put the nightlies for osgeo4w on hold for a while?

And all qgis bloggers unite ;-) Let's all blog about this change...

Regards,

Richard

ps I'm really anxious to see all this new things going to happen..
Thanks all!