[Qgis-developer] New site

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Nov 6 22:44:32 PST 2012

On 07-11-12 05:49, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> Is there some progress with the new, rst-based, website?
> If we can put out even a very simple first page, it would be far easier
> for me trying to convince somebody to help migrating the good content.
> Thanks a lot.

Hi Paolo,

yesterday we have been trying to create a better template, but drowned a
little in the (for us still) complex sphinx templating world.

The build you see here:
http://documentation.qgis.org
is current master template, but the one we want to get ready is the
qgis2-theme branch.

Currently I think this should be the frontpage:
http://documentation.qgis.org/html/en/index.html
You can edit the text of it by editing:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/index.rst

I think english content can be edited by people already.

Translation can be done via the translation of the po files.

In my opinion mixing in the Pootle should take some love.

IF we create conflicts via the running of the pre_translate.sh script on
the server in combi with using pootle, we have to find a solution for that.

So my conclusion:
- infrastructure is still in flux
- content can be added/changed if you want
- translation can be done (at least file-wise, via the loading of the po
file into linguist or so)

Others, please correct me if I'm wrong

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde