[Qgis-developer] WMS w/ basic authentication forgets credentials

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 05:32:00 PST 2012

Hi

I'm using QGIS 1.9.90 on Windows 7 and I try to connect to a WMS
service using basic authentication served by an ArcGIS server.

When I connect to the same server using another desktop app (like
Gaia3) I have to fill out once username/pw in the connection dialog
and it works.

When I use QGIS and fill out username/pw in the WMS connection dialog,
the do a connect, I'm asked again to fill out username/pw.
Then it displays the GetCapabilities content.
Furthermore, when I continue and add this WMS to the Layer list, a
QGIS dialog asks me another time!
>From this time, I'm not asked anymore until the server get's timout
(say after 20 min.) - but again only in QGIS, not in other clients.

Is there a bug in the WMS connection which simply forgets my
credentials - even if they are displayed (and stored) in the WMS
connection dialog?

Stefan