[Qgis-developer] customizing my own symbols to be drawn on top of the vector layer

leena S qgis.dev0001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 04:09:43 PST 2012

hello everyone;

i am using QGraphicsScene, QGraphicsPolygonItem, QGraphicsLineItem,
QGraphicsEllipseItem and QGraphicsTextItem
to draw my own customized symbols, polygons or circles on top of my vector
layer.
just have a look at the attached screen shot to have a complete idea for
what am doing;

i dont think i can add my graphic scene widget on top of my map canvas and
even if i was able to am trying to draw these symbols on top of a vector
layer
 to be able to adjust the symbols' location in case i triggered zoom in,
out or pan;
i dont want the symbols to be separated from my vector layer since ill be
drawing my symbols according to specific coordinates on my raster layer
which is my map;

so any idea how can i do that ?