[Qgis-developer] Removing SEXTANTE context help

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Nov 13 15:56:57 PST 2012

Hi

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am thinking about removing the SEXTANTE help menu and the button on
> top of the toolbox that takes you to the process provider
> documentation (that is, how to configure external algorithms)
>
> They both refer to html pages which are now in the manual, so,
> although it is handy and I guess it helps users make correct use of
> SEXTANTE, it doesn't make too much sense. Better to remove them and
> encourage people to read the manual and learn how to use SEXTANTE.
>
> I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Once the major documentation overhaul is done I was going to table the idea
of dropping our current awkward context help system  (actually there are at
least three systems in place at the moment) in place of shippng the sphinx
docs with qgis and using a browser control to dive into the correct place
in the docs when help is requested. This will be another step further in
unifying docs so there is only one place they need to be managed /
translated etc.

However I doubt this will happen in 2.0....but when it does you will be in
a good position already since you can just point to your sphinx docs....

Regards

Tim

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Victor