[Qgis-developer] Webpage

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 14 01:49:04 PST 2012

I agree that Mathieus' proposal is an improvement and doesn't radically
change things (keeps brand recognigion). It is better legible than the
previous version of the logo.

But the more important thing is that people should start using SVG icons
instead of PNG icons in their toolbars, GUI, etc. - for my own inhouse
Python plugins I tend to use SVG icons. The other benefit you'll get is
that at the same time you'll have editable versions in your repos,
without having to keep multiple separate files.

Think about all the new high-res displays. Rasterized versions will
never do the job, even with multires rasters. Use the SVG versions
instead and you can scale to any size.

QT supports SVG icons - so why not using them everywhere?

BTW: the same applies to QGIS webclient - the other project I am working
on. When IE8 is not around anymore, I will start to replace all these
raster icons with SVG versions of the icons. IE 7 and 8 are the only
blockers here.

Andreas