[Qgis-developer] Server features

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:50:11 PST 2012

> I understand this. In your opinion, would it be difficult to add the
> same also to qgis web browser (I know it's unfair to ask, since it's
> actually a competitor ;) ).

We have started working on a proxy app for qgis-web-client. It's in an
early phase, but authentication and custom searches are already there.
We're seeking a new project to continue the development ;)

Thinking on the points given by Michael, I agree with him. Caching should
be done by another software layer.
Metatiling should be at the server level only if we state that the server
support tile-mode (as in UMN Mapserver).
I think Edge labels buffering is something the server cannot delegate...

giovanni