[Qgis-developer] 64bit Windows version

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Nov 16 01:24:05 PST 2012

I have brought it up a few times on the osgeo4w list, we might even have
a ticket for it.

Mostly a one time investment to get all the deps and extras built, or
figure out and document how to build them. Right now osgeo4w is
maintained by a very small team.

My approach is that we should create a parallel branch of osgeo4w for
the 64 bit versions, call it beta or whatever while we work on getting
everything added and make it so people can install both 32 and 64 on the
same computer without issue.

Thanks,
Alex