[Qgis-developer] hub.qgis org and plugin site issues

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Nov 17 15:08:31 PST 2012

Hi Alexander,

On Sat, 17. Nov 2012 at 20:04:47 +0200, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> there is something really bad with hub.qgis.org and plugin sites last days.
> Hub often is down, plugins site was simply unavailable and now it returns
> Internal server error 500.

The server crashed - probably because some bot was indexing redmine again.

Alex Mandel tried to reboot the machine, but it was stuck in a password prompt
when trying to do the fsck and we couldn't get to the console - and therefore
needed help from osuosl.   Therefore the outage took about 5h (yesterday 19h-0h
CET).

Apparently the plugin site and planet didn't come up cleanly after that and
that went unnoticed - at least yours is the first complaint I've seen.

I added a module to munin that monitors the status and memory usage of redmine.
And script that kills heavy redmine processes.  So hopefully redmine won't take
the server down again.

> Any chance to fix at least plugins site?

Done.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden