[Qgis-developer] Geospatial PDF [Was: GeoPDF]

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Nov 19 07:03:28 PST 2012

Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at ...> writes:

> Il 19/11/2012 10:47, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> >
> > * QGIS needs to support OGR feature styling first - needs to
> > automatically convert QGIS symbology to OGR feature styling. The
> > problem here is, that QGIS has a richer symbology feature set than
> > OGR and it would only work for simpler symbology anyway.
> Hi.
> Thanks Andreas for the detailed explanation. One point about styling:
> wouldn't it be better to add SLD support to OGR, instead of supporting
> (yet another) non-standard styling?
> All the best.

Hi,

Please notice that my tutorial is about geospatial PDF, the name GeoPDF is a registered trade mark of TerraGO. GDAL can write also that variant of geospatial PDF if option -co GEO_ENCODING=OGC_BP is used, but even then it is not GeoPDF(tm).

About ORG feature styling, it is a mechanism for doing per feature styling which would be awfully complicated with SLD so I think that is has also the right for living.

-Jukka Rahkonen-