[Qgis-developer] Classification of SVG

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 28 08:18:24 PST 2012

 +1 for using the same widgets everywhere.

 But the slowness when displaying all SVG symbols is still the case with
 the new widget. Somehow we need to manage a way that QGIS does not need
 to scan all symbols, but only when the user is asking for them. My idea
 would be to first list only the folders in the tree and the children
 would only be shown after the user opens a folder.

 Probably still a lot of work that someone has to sponsor.

 Andreas

 On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 17:12:41 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> The SVG symbols are now neatly classified on the Style manger (e.g.
> Vector properties). They are still shown all together in the Print
> composer. This is not nice to see, difficult to use on small screens,
> and very slow to make a preview of all. Maybe this happens on other
> places as well.
> Could the same widget be used all over?
> Thanks.

 Andreas Neumann