[Qgis-developer] qgis compilation in windows

Massimo massimo.endrighi at geopartner.it
Tue Oct 2 00:59:36 PDT 2012

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote
> Hi Massimo,
>
> On Mon, 01. Oct 2012 at 09:58:02 -0700, Massimo wrote:
>
>> Found Python executable: C:/OSGeo4W/bin/python.exe
>> Found Python version: 2.7.2
>> Found Python library: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/Python27/libs/python27.lib
>> Found SIP version: 4.14
>> Found PyQt4 version: 4.9.5
>
> Apparently you are not using OSGeo4W's sip and PyQt.
> That should be sip 4.12.1 and PyQt4 4.8.3.

Hi Jürgen,
you are right. The problem happened because I started cmake from windows
start menu->all programs->cmake 2.8 and not from the OSGeo command shell.
Now I get:
- Found SIP version: 4.13.1
- Found PyQt4 version: 4.8.3
And I'm able to successful compile qgis.

BTW:
I've never understood how to use the python interpreter and qt installed
with OSGeo to write my plugins since that when I need to install third-party
python libs with PIP, it fails because pip looks for python interpreter in
the standard directory like c:\python27

Thank you.
Massimo