[Qgis-developer] qgis_rendererstest fails after my commit... but...

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Oct 3 07:50:11 PDT 2012

Hi

The problem I have with changing / fixing the files is that they
represent 'valid' (from user point of view) qml files that a user may
have created so if they no longer render correctly in our tests, the
user is going to get a bad experience when they install QGIS 2.0 and
try to use it with their old qml definitions.

So we need to decide 'do we care about that'? I think we probably should.

Regards

Tim

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Giuseppe Sucameli <brush.tyler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
> after my last commit the qgis_rendererstest fails...
>
> I've done a change [1] in qgsmaplayer.cpp to pass the QML files
> created with older QGis versions to the the QgsProjectFileTransform
> to be processed before loading, like it was done for qgs files.
>
> Before the change only the qgs files was processed.
>
> For this reason I suppose the QML files used in tests have
> something wrong, maybe the version store into the file.
>
> In fact if I comment the content of the function
> QgsProjectFileTransform::transform0100to0110()
> that test passes.
>
> How can I fix it?
>
> I think we should fix those QML files, otherwise increment
> their version to 0.11.0.
>
> Regards.
>
> [1] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/495246f57574d88453bc55190a91f41bdb2cb11f
> --