[Qgis-developer] Plugin tags

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 02:50:11 PDT 2012

012/10/6 Marco Bernasocchi <marco at bernawebdesign.ch>:
> well, that is kind of against the tagging idea. maybe we should have tags
> and categories?
> for sure devs should check if there is already a similar tag to what they
> wqnt to use and try to reuse tags where possible
>
> cheers
>
> Marco Bernasocchi (mobile)
> http://opengis.ch
>
> On Oct 6, 2012 12:49 PM, "Paolo Cavallini" <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>>
>> Il 06/10/2012 00:45, Nathan Woodrow ha scritto:
>> > We could almost put something on the server side that auto  converts
>> > the tags into lowercase.
>> Yes, but the main issue is that authors do not stick to general
>> categories, rather inserting all sorts of very specialized keywords.
>> I would suggest to use first of all very general keywords (vector,
>> raster, web, database) and then thematic ones (hydrology, zoology,
>> forestry, etc.).
>> Perhaps we should add this to the python uploader howto.
>> All the best.

Ok, this is what I did so far:

* cleaned all stale tags (tags without a tagged item)
* transformed all tags to lowercase (now it's done automatically)
* trimmed spaces before and after tag strings (now it's done automatically)
* added a new RPC method: http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/RPC2/

I'll check the autocomplete on the website, but this would be motstly
unuseful in any case, the tags must be defined inside the metadata in
the zip package, they are not meant to be defined on the website.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it