[Qgis-developer] HF: final remarks

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Oct 7 09:36:30 PDT 2012

Hi all.
This HF is over - only three Italians stranded in Essen, waiting for
their flights back.
I personally want to deeply thank Horst, Otto, and all those who helped
organize this very successful event. The location is simply ideal, no
waste of time, maximum concentration on coding and discussing (OK, apart
from the bad influence of IT Crowd, damned), a beautiful and quiet
place, a friendly atmosphere, and efficient infrastructure.
In my personal opinion, Villa Vogelsang is the best place we've ever
had, and I would suggest coming back here more or less regularly (e.g.
we could have one itinerant HF per year, and another one here).
Another thing I'd like is to make it easier for people from other
continents to participate (we are too Eurocentric at the moment),
without incurring in too high flight costs. Perhaps we could have
simultaneous HFs in each continent, and be constantly connected in audio
and video?
Thanks again to all for contributing to this success, that marks another
step in the history of QGIS.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu