[Qgis-developer] testing core python plugins from build tree

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Oct 8 08:02:08 PDT 2012

I recently realized that db_manager plugin moved to core repository
and it was a pity to find out that such a move made development
process harder than it was.

When the plugin was out of code I simply symlinked its source dir
under ~/.qgis/python/plugins/db_manager, hacked, reloaded with
plugin reloaded and could immediately see the changes.

With plugin in core I can't do this anymore, unless (maybe, but
I didn't test) if I build qgis within the source tree, rather than
in a separate build tree.

I've seen there's a ticket for this problem already:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5879
would it just be a matter of installing the python plugins under
output/ dir and set an environment variable to force scan of
a dir before the others ?

--strk;