[Qgis-developer] testing core python plugins from build tree

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Oct 9 23:58:10 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:37:25AM +0200, Martin Dobias wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> > I've seen there's a ticket for this problem already:
> > http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5879
> > would it just be a matter of installing the python plugins under
> > output/ dir and set an environment variable to force scan of
> > a dir before the others ?
>
> Yes, the solution is to copy plugin's source files to output/ dir
> together with the generated ones during 'make' in addition to 'make
> install'.

I'm not used to cmake, can anyone more skilled about it take care
of this ? Or is it something that needs to be done on a per-plugin
basis ? Is there any plugin doing this already ?

> But still you probably would want to symlink your plugin to
> ~/.qgis/python/plugins because otherwise you would need to run 'make'
> every time after changing your source .py files to get it updated
> within output/ dir.

The symlink doesn't work if you build outside of the source tree
(built files and source files are in two different directories).
I don't mind running "make" on each change, I'm used to that :)

--strk;