[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Proposal for QGIS-related blog

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 00:02:49 PDT 2012

Hi

Thanks for you replies!

I am aware of the QGIS planet, but the idea I had was a bit different.
It does not replace the aggregator, of course, it is just another
blog, but created by a group of people instead of just one, which
would allow to have a more homogeneous stlye (not just in terms of
appearance, as the aggregator can do, but in terms of approach,
quality, etc).

I have seen that idea in other fields, where several bloggers (in many
cases, having themselves very popular blogs that they keep on writing
in parallel) associate to create a new one.

Anyway, I have ideas for many posts and I would like to start this
kind of "QGIS cookbook" blog, so if anyone is intererested in joining,
just let me know.

And of course, please keep on writing in your blogs, you are all doing
an awesome work :-)

Best
Victor

2012/10/15 Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at>:
> Hi,
>
> I would opt to stick with our current solution of distributed blogs
> and the planet aggregator.
> From where I stand, it makes no sense for me to start posting my QGIS
> posts somewhere else than on my blog. I think others feel the same
> way.
> Also, it would blow up our web infrastructure one again ...
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita
>

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM, David Fawcett <david.fawcett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you go forward, don't forget to ask to have it added to planetgs.com and planet osgeo.
>>

>> On Oct 14, 2012, at 5:33 PM, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I was thinking about starting a blog to post QGIS-related stuff,
>>> mostly tips&tricks about the SEXTANTE plugin, but also about other
>>> things, but since there are other people doing something similar (and
>>> writing really great posts), I think it would be a good idea to
>>> coordinate this a bit. To make it short...anyone fancy the idea of
>>> creating a collective blog to write small tutorials, recipes, etc,
>>> about QGIS? I think that would be good for the QGIS community, and it
>>> should not be hard to manage. It wouldn't be an official thing (by the
>>> way, is the official QGIS blog dead?), but with all the people that
>>> writes about QGIS, and with a little effort to make good posts and
>>> give them some homogeneity, it can become a reference point for the
>>> community of QGIS users and developers.
>>>
>>> It might be just a silly idea, so feel free to tell me your opinion on this.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Victor