[Qgis-developer] Next Hackfest Location

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Mon Oct 15 02:11:36 PDT 2012

Marco Bernasocchi (mobile)
http://opengis.ch
On Oct 15, 2012 4:02 PM, "Pēteris Brūns" <pb at sungis.lv> wrote:

> Hi Marco and All,
>
> 1) I have made a doodle to vote ( http://doodle.com/zayzu69vptqwfzks )
for best dates. It would be good to decide till end of next week  - 26th
October.
> 2) Maybe is worth to move our proposal and event description to Quantum
GIS wiki or do it immediately after 26th October?

> Regards,
>

> On 2012.10.13. 12:40, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:
>>
>> On 10/12/2012 04:09 PM, Pēteris Brūns wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> so the best dates from our side:
>>> a) 11-14 April - it's +/- typical hackfest time;
>>> b) 2 - 5 May - because holiday week in Latavia, typically already nice
>>> weather;
>>> c) 9 - 12 May - alternative for option b + someone who stays longer has
>>> an additional option to promote QuantumGIS :)
>>
>> what do you mean with promote QGis?
>
> It's just idea to invite someone to geography students field coureses to
make some persentation for them and other profesors, lecturers and
teachers. It's approx 100km from Valmiera, but this idea must be discussed
more detailed with Maris Nartiss.

super idea, Andreas and I did the same at the Zurich university and got a
new contributor.
I d be willing to talk to students, no problem

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tZT1gpsw0W51WDn0U4TeRb4bDYwuvi0tGi2DrxjcVdk/edit#heading=h.bowsa9ffbdr7

Riga -