[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.8 C++ Plugin development

mmekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 18:45:05 PDT 2012

I updated my 1.7.x plugins, to work with 1.8.x. I can use the plugins within
the source compiled and installed version (C++ install) that I have locally
but not the official OSGEO windows release. All the plugins show up on the
locally compiled version of QGIS. But on the OSGEO version only those
without the docable windows show up.

QGIS version 1.8.0-Lisboa
QGIS code revision c64bb9d
Compiled against Qt 4.7.1
Running against Qt  4.7.1
Compiled against GDAL/OGR 1.9.1
Running against GDAL/OGR 1.9.1
GEOS Version 3.2.2
PostgreSQL Client Version 8.3.10
SpatiaLite Version 2.4.0
QWT Version 5.2.1

See the log, from my own compiled version, that the plugin is loaded in my
own installation from the source
Loaded Bike Network Analysis (Path:
C:/qgis1p8p0/plugins/bikenetworkplugin.dll)  0

While both QGIS 1.8 and 1.9.x Master from OSGEO print the following message,
Failed to load C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/plugins/bikenetworkplugin.dll (Reason:
Cannot load library C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/plugins/bikenetworkplugin.dll: The
specified procedure could not be found.)

QGIS version 1.8.0-Lisboa
QGIS code revision 6416f38
Compiled against Qt 4.7.1
Running against Qt 4.7.1
Compiled against GDAL/OGR 1.9.1
Running against GDAL/OGR 1.9.1
GEOS Version 3.2.2
PostgreSQL Client Version 8.3.10
SpatiaLite Version 3.0.1
QWT Version 5.2.1
This copy of QGIS writes debugging output.

I am not sure what procedure it needs. I can only see that I am using a
different Spatialite library. It may be that spatialite dropped some methods
that were present in 2.4.0.
  Is there any other requirement I am missing when I copy the "dll" file? Is
there a diffrence in the library. I downloaded the source using GIT and the
version was 1.8 Master.

Maaza Christos, PhD
www.Axumcorp.com

-----