[Qgis-developer] R Sextante error

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 12:35:23 PDT 2012

> Hi Victor,
> I also apply for this privilege ;)

you are already on top of the list :-)

> I´m with Tim here: having a nice test suite that just check if each module
> gives an output would be of paramount importance for both usage and bugfix.
> Even better when we´ll be able to check the validity of results, but simply
> checking its presence would already be a big improvement (and probably not
> too difficult to do, recursively for all backends and modules).

I share that opinion. I can staat working out an automated test with
dummy values. This might work for most algorithms, but fail in some of
them. Those can then be adressed individually with tailored parameter
values. I think this is a good starting point.

Any recomendation about unit testing for QGIS plugins? Any plugin that
already has some good unit tests?

Thanks

Victor