[Qgis-developer] Merging of incompatible changes

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:35:39 PDT 2012

Hi!

Short answer from me

+1 and go ahead .. As I remember we all knew that on the way to 2.0
there will be some API Changes - but as long as it improves QGIS at a
Project I see no Problem for it ..

The only thing you are worrying about are the Plugins .. but hey - there
is still 1.8 ..
And once all those changes settled in (upcoming) 2.0 - from my point of
view it would be time for a new release ..

Probably we should introduce a max.Version to plugins too? ;)

Anyway - all of your advantages sound good to me ..
What's the current plan for 2.0? Maybe we could do some "Sprint" in
Latvia and release 2.0 as a Party there?

regards
Werner