[Qgis-developer] User profiles

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Oct 23 05:56:55 PDT 2012

Hi all.
The discussion of this evening brought a nice idea: since we have many
different types of users, whi not having a "first usage wizard" that
simply asks the user which profile (s)he prefers, and then starts QGIS
with only the needed menus and buttons activated? The profiles can be
easily produced via the customization menu, so this seems trivial to
implement, and can greatly help first-time users and special interest
groups.
Of course we have to have a prominent menu to re-run the wizard, and
change the choice.
Opinions?
All the best.

--