[Qgis-developer] User profiles

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Oct 23 16:50:53 PDT 2012

Il 24/10/2012 01:43, Martin Dobias ha scritto:
> I am just afraid that with such profiles the users may forget after a
> while they have chosen a "first-time user" profile that disables a lot
> of functionality and then users will ask/complain about missing
> features...?
yes, that's why I wrote we have to put prominently a menu "back to full
qgis" or "rerun the wizard", or similar
> btw. Personally I'm quite intimidated by the amount of toolbars and
> icons that QGIS shows by default (i.e. first run). I think if we could
> cut that down to a one line of icons, that will be a good start.
sure - the first natural candidates are all the "load
vector|raster|etc." buttons, as the same functionality is in the
browser: what do we miss if we remove them now?
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu