[Qgis-developer] Merging of incompatible changes

haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Wed Oct 24 06:52:06 PDT 2012

Hi All,
As Martin asked, could we know more about 2.0 roadmap planning and feature
list?
My concern is that we deployed QGIS in prod for 300 users, but we still miss
some bugfixes and features to definitly switch. As long as I maintain two
GIS solutions, I have double work, and I can't dedicate more time to QGIS.
I would like to support prioritary issues before feature freeze. In the
other hand, I can't wait until end of 2013 to fix 1.8 issues (raster print
KO.. for example). We also just supported, with others of you, great tools
like Atlas.. If a stable version with it is not released within a year,
users will start to get annoyed, and will tend to use master for production
use.. which is not a good target for any of us.

So what is the community plan?
What should we do as users and sponsors?  Should we ask (and support) a 1.8
bugfix release if 2.0 target moves again? Should we support a 1.9 release
for 2013 spring, and let major API changes for 2.0 be planned to end of
2013?  Does community have enough ressources to release a 1.9?

Please tell us, we love QGIS and its community.. but we also like very much
stability and visibility (and the captive users in my corp' too)
Régis