[Qgis-developer] Better options dialogs

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Sep 7 04:09:55 PDT 2012

 Hi,

 Probably, some day in the future, it would be great if we can have a
 search function. Users could search for a function, menu entry,
 setting/option or maybe even plugins from the central repository that
 hadn't been installed in the system.

 As more and more options appear it is hard to find them, but usually
 one knows what to search for (e.g. merge shapes or snap options) - of
 course such a search function would have to be a bit "tolerant".

 The idea is a bit similar to the HUD of the new Ubuntu unity version,
 see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/HUD

 Maybe something for next Google summer of code?

 Just an idea for the medium to long-term future.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)