[Qgis-developer] raster redesign documentation

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Sat Sep 8 00:14:17 PDT 2012

Hi Marco, all,
today working on a python plugin using QGIS master I got
AttributeError : 'QgsRasterLayer' object has no attribute 'rasterShader'
and I tought bizarre it works on lisboa, then I thoug ahhhh raster
redesign and Api breakages.

So I went to [0] to see what changed, but nothing was mentioned. the I
looked in the api doc and of course rasterShader() is not there anymore.
So I went to the qgsRasterLayer.sip file and git log it to see when all
disappeared. now I put a small comment in the api breakage page about
the commit that removes some methods.

I'm I missing something? is this not what we define an API change? if it
is It would be nice to have commit [1] (and maybe others part of raster
redesign) documented and maybe with examples for alternatives.

ciao
Marco

[0]
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/API_changes_for_version_20/