[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-community-team] Web infrastructure

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Sep 10 00:51:58 PDT 2012

Hi

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm noticing frequent downs in our infrastructure (now it's hub.qgis.org, the other
> day was qgis.org, etc.). I feel we're having more traffic, and our current structure
> is overstretched. Where can we find server stats to check this?
> In any case, I think we should make our infrastructure stronger: opinion, suggestions?
> All the best.

This is what I would like to do:

- migrate QGIS.org web site to rst so that we can a) host it on
gh-pages b) make it translatable more easily c) ease the load on the
server
- host downloads on gh
- use QGIS.org only for hosting django and doing builds

An alterior motive is that we will have a single platform for *all
documentation* in QGIS and that we can use git as a content management
and versioning system for our web site.

Regards

Tim

> --