[Qgis-developer] Migration of SEXTANTE repository

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 21:56:29 PDT 2012

> well, not really, because commits are much less frequent these days.
> However yes, IMHO we should have a quick way of updating also core plugins.
> Suggestions/help/sponsorship on this are welcome.
> All the best.

Why don't we have the core python plugins are git sub modules we can
then host the code in a separate repo on github but pull it into the
main code base using git submodules [0]

This way they can be included in the main core release but can also be
pulled down and tested from a single repo.

[0] http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Tools-Submodules

- Nathan