[Qgis-developer] drawing ellipses

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Mon Sep 17 00:53:48 PDT 2012

Two weeks ago I posted the message below (at the user list) but did not
get any suggestions. Today I did some tests and found a more specific
problem. The behaviour only occurs when I "centroid fill" a polygon
layer as ellipses. When I transform my polygons to points in PostGIS and
create data defined ellipses on those points in QGIS, I get what I
expect. So this seems to be some kind of bug.

By the way, a very helpful feature for drawing data defined ellipses
would be a "scale" option since it's a small chance that your data
values match the ellipse size in pixels. And for cartographic reasons
you want to "play" a little with these sizes to get a good looking map.

Hope anyone can help!

Regards,
Raymond