[Qgis-developer] Python3 support

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Sep 20 12:33:01 PDT 2012

Hi

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Helmut Seidel M.A. <info at knowhow-la.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've just started work on some alugins and several applications, which will
> at some point interact with qgis. As Python3 is more and more getting the
> standard I wonder whether anybody knows if and when qgis changes to Python3.
>
> Is there a difference between writing plugins and applications in this
> respect?

Short answer is that it is not something we have really discussed
until now. There are broader implications than just QGIS - under the
osgeo4w environment it is nicer IMHO that everything runs against a
common python environment which means tools like gdal etc. should all
move forward together.

Regards

Tim

> Thanks Helmut