[Qgis-developer] Need help building QGIS on Windows

Devdatta Tengshe devdatta at tengshe.in
Fri Sep 21 02:22:58 PDT 2012

Hi,
I am trying to build a customized build of QGIS (which will have only a few
tools & menus visible). I tried following the instructions given on page
http://www.qgis.org/api/INSTALL.html#toc14, but faced a problem:
The instructions mention that Microsoft Windows Server® 2003 R2 Platform
SDK (for setupapi) is required, and can be downloaded from:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/a/d/fad9efde-8627-4e7a-8812-c351ba099151/PSDK-x86.exe
This
link is now dead.

After searching on Microsoft's side, I found that the Windows® Server 2003
SP1 Platform SDK Web Install is available at
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6510. Will this
work?

Regards,
Devdatta Tengshe