[Qgis-developer] how can i use my own map tiles in qgis?

leena S qgis.dev0001 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 06:14:26 PDT 2012

ok now i am using Quantum gis 1.8.0 with gdal1.7.0

when i load my xml file with quantum gis using "add raster layer" icon, i
get nothin;

am still confused about gdal and wms server .. i dont know how does it work
exactly;

<ServerUrl>file:///mytiles/${z}/${x}/${y}.png</ServerUrl>

this is how myTiles folder looks like starting from zoom lvl 5 to 13:

= 5 (zoom level 5)
==> 20 (x)
===> 18.png (y)
.
.
.
= 13 (zoom level 13)
==> 5253 (x)
===> 4618.png (y)

am i missin any configuration for my tiles ? i dont really know if wms is
able to get the tiles this way;