[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Using/visualizing 3D data (Z values)

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:42:02 PDT 2012

Thanks for the info.

I was able to use shapely pretty easily, by passing the wkb from qgis
to shapely via shapely.wkb.loads(wkb)

This removed the need for actual file parsing, which qgis seem to do
well (apart from the z-level values, which it reads but does not
report),

here is the relevant python code:

from shapely.wkb import loads
feat = QgsFeature()
provider = layer.dataProvider()
provider.select(provider.attributeIndexes())
if provider.nextFeature(feat):
  lines = loads(feat.geometry().asWkb())
  if len(lines) == 1:
    coords = lines[0].coords