[Qgis-developer] Memory layer saver plugin to core?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Wed Apr 3 01:22:17 PDT 2013

Hi,
+1 for including it to core. I use it every day, and users outside my
administration are lost we not having the plugin enabled.
  But I can live until 2.1 since we have a default conf enabling that plugin
for users. IMHO PSC has to decide what is the target version, but I don't
remember a clear choix on the target here:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Memory-data-provider-persistence-td4108012.html
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Memory-data-provider-persistence-td4108012.html>

Shall QdataStream / sqlitedb / be embedded in QGS file or stay data along
qgs file? We need a clear position since project file structure stability is
really important for a GIS tool. Ccurrent behaviour is OK for me, but
compressed archive including QGS file + data + other ressources like svg,
images would be great and transparent from a user point of view. And user
could still uncompress it to repair broken project.

Régis