[Qgis-developer] Misaligned Google OpenLayers layer

Leyan ouyang.leyan.ml at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 7 00:01:19 PDT 2013

A little hack to get it working correctly in your area:

You can change the level of maximum zoom by editing line 24 of
.qgis/python/plugins/openlayers/html/google_satellite.html

The basic file says:
     { type: google.maps.MapTypeId.SATELLITE, numZoomLevels: 22 }
I had to change to:
     { type: google.maps.MapTypeId.SATELLITE, numZoomLevels: 20 }
and the plugin will not try to get images at higher resolution (which
are not available anyway). Jut try several values to see what zoom level
is adapted to your study area.

Still, I would love to see a real solution to the problem.

Regards,

Leyan