[Qgis-developer] Setting up test with plugin..

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Thu Apr 11 00:58:22 PDT 2013

Hi All

I'm fixing a long standing bug in the delimited text plugin (new lines in quoted fields in CSV files), and as part of this I want to build some tests. I'm starting from test_qgsmemoryprovider.py, which seems to be a good starting point, except that before I can run any tests I need to install the plugin.

So I'm looking for a steer on how install the plugin into the registry in order to be able to test it.  It looks like this should just be a call to

QgsPluginRegistry.instance().loadCppPlugin(path-to-plugin)

but I'm not sure what the proper way to get the path-to-plugin is in the test.  Which I guess should account for the difference between Windows and linux.

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks
Chris

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.