[Qgis-developer] Preventing plugin conflicts at 2.0

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 12:48:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> What about using "semantic versioning": http://semver.org/
>
> I've been using it lately as it's the default for node.js modules.
> It lets you express your requirement in a more powerful way.

Hi

that kind of versioning has been used by Qt libraries for many years -
and in QGIS we try to do the same thing: v1.0 has defined a stable
API, in further v1.x releases we have only added new functionality,
not removing anything. v1.x.y releases (if any) then contained only
fixes, no API changes.

Martin