[Qgis-developer] New website

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri Apr 12 02:46:33 PDT 2013

I can only confirm Alexandres opinion.
In fact, i gave up using qgis.org as a starting point for anything, but
directly use google search for "navigation" cause i will get lost anyway.
And i think i'm already quite experienced within the qgis ecosystem ...
but newbies?

>> I think we should have a website as lean and clean as possible,
>> leaving more dynamic stuff to other media, and making it easier to
>> translate and maintain it.
>> This is a proposal.

What is more dynamic stuff? An example for me would be announcements on
news or changes from core developers or plugin authors. And only a per
mille of the user subscribe to or read the mailing lists where those infos
could be available. Would love to see such things on the start page and
not buried within any outsourced system. I bet this would downsize a lot
of user requests.

Am 11.04.2013, 12:50 Uhr, schrieb Alexandre Neto <senhor.neto at gmail.com>:

> Not being a developer, and not being able to help that much, please
> forgive
> my intrusion, But I would like to give my opinion regarding the Website.
>
> I might be also late to this discussion, but, As a user, one thing I find
> quite disconcerting in qgis.org page is the fact that almost every menu
> item send you to different site\page, breaking with the original layout
> and
> making it difficult to navigate in the site.
>
> Therefore, IMHO, I think outside links should open a new browser tab
> instead of redirect the user to a new site.
>
> Alexandre Neto
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Paolo Cavallini
> <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374