[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-community-team] New website: update

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Sat Apr 13 02:30:33 PDT 2013

Hi Richard,

Am Sat, 13 Apr 2013 10:59:41 +0200
schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>:

> On 13-04-13 10:09, Otto Dassau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I adapted the scripts on the server. According to the cronjob the new
> > documentation page ist now build 3 times a day.
> >
> > All web and doc content is build from master branch and additionally the
> > docs and translations from 1.8 is added.
>
> Hi Otto,
>
> great, thanks!
>
> I've not been looking in the scripts, but from the url's it seems that
> the 1.8 and the 2.0 are full copies of the Documentation tree.
>
> While I thought, that only the Manual (and probably the Python Cookbook)
> would be 'versioned'. The rest of the website and docs will probably not
> change during a version bump?

the website stuff were just dummies in the 1.8 branch, I removed them so
with the next build we will only have the docs "manual" and "PyQGIS Coobook"
available. And maybe even the Cookbook could be removed?

> Am I right in this?
> If not, it will be more work for website translators to keep up with
> every version.
>
> (by the way, because of this viewpoint I thought it would be easier to
> have just one 'tree' in github)

If you look at the script on the server I currently use 2 clones, build them
seperately and copy things we need from the 1.8 clone into the output folder
of the master clone. This makes it quite flexible, if we want to decide what
to show on the website and easy to handle.

And therefore it was not necessary to make many changes to the pre/post
translate scripts, which are not only used on the server but also locally by
doc writers and translators.

Instead I mostly adapted the build_qgis-docs.sh script on the server.

If you have another or better solution, we can improve it of course.

> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde

Regards
Otto