[Qgis-developer] Adding The Selection of Image Type To WMS Setup?

Bruce, Bob (CON) Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Sun Apr 14 05:36:42 PDT 2013

Jürgen,
        Thanks for getting back to me on this. I cannot seem to find where I can select the image type when I connect to my WMS server. Could you please help me to locate this feature?

My WMS server is:
   http://nis.cubewerx.com/cubewerx/cubeserv.cgi?CONFIG=OIM_MB_-_Orthophoto

My GetCapabilities request returns image formats of:

<Format>image/png</Format>
<Format>image/png; PhotometricInterpretation="PaletteColor"</Format>
<Format>image/png; PhotometricInterpretation="RGB"</Format>
<Format>image/png; PhotometricInterpretation="BlackIsZero"</Format>
<Format>image/tiff</Format><Format>image/tiff; PhotometricInterpretation="PaletteColor"</Format>
<Format>image/tiff; PhotometricInterpretation="RGB"</Format>
<Format>image/tiff; PhotometricInterpretation="BlackIsZero"</Format>
<Format>image/gif</Format>
<Format>image/jpeg</Format>
<Format>image/x-jpegorpng</Format>
<Format>image/x-portable-anymap</Format>
<Format>image/x-portable-pixmap</Format>
<Format>image/x-portable-graymap</Format>
<Format>application/x-cubewerx-wkb; version="3"</Format>
<Format>application/x-cubewerx-wkb; version="3"; PhotometricInterpretation="PaletteColor"</Format>
<Format>application/x-cubewerx-wkb; version="3"; PhotometricInterpretation="RGB"</Format>
<Format>application/x-cubewerx-wkb; version="3"; PhotometricInterpretation="BlackIsZero"</Format>
<Format>application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml</Format>
<Format>application/vnd.google-earth.kml+bxml; bxmlVersion="0.0.8"</Format>

but I don't see how to select these.

As for the user-agent string, we are not seeing anything on the server in the HTTP header to let us know that it is coming from QGIS, however that would not be important to us to know if we could select the image type when we add the WMS layer.

thanks,
       Bob Bruce