[Qgis-developer] fTools and GdalTools: sextante vs original plugins

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 23:56:26 PDT 2013

Hi,

personally I think that we should leave only SEXTANTE but first need
to implement all missed functionality.

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:34:13 -0700 (PDT)
Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> In case of GDAL tools, I see the advantage of being able to copy the GDAL
> code.

Agreed, having such functionality in SEXTANTE will be great and not only for GDAL but for all command-line tools. And AFAIK something
already here — executed commands available in history manager.

Regarding keeping menu entries, maybe it is better to allow users create own groups in SEXTANTE toolbox and populate them with various
tools?

--
Alexander Bruy