[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] [Qgis-psc] Logo

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Apr 19 01:28:20 PDT 2013

On 19-04-13 04:58, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
> http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/qgis-needs-logo-210397/entries/267

+1

I really like the (world/round) motion in it while it is still a Q

> Though I would ask them to remove the word 'uantum' and write the word
> GIS in the same size as the Q.

I like the idea of Stephan: remove 'uantum, and leave it open or put
'server', 'android', 'mobi', 'browser', 'desktop', 'plugins',
'components', 'gadgets', 'rocks' or whatever there...

Or put this 'sub-project'-string over the full length and put GIS in
same size.
Or just on same level as Q

> I think in general we should consider dropping the use of the Quantum
> in the name and simply refer to our project as 'QGIS'.

Agreed very much!

And what does this designer think about using it as a desktop icon of
different sub projects? Different colors for 'waves'? Or something else?

Richard

ps thanks to all for putting the effort in it! We are getting a very
cool logo I think :-)