[Qgis-developer] Sextante test drive

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Apr 20 08:24:22 PDT 2013

Just a note: I'll be bundling OTB and SAGA in the OS X package.  I already have code in sextante to automatically find the bundled copies.

Maybe I'll look again at Taudem.  I think when I looked at it a year ago I was put off by Windows/Arc-centric nature of it.  ... ugh, just a quick browse of the source doesn't look good - mix of windows and unix line endings in some files needs to be fixed (maybe the compiler doesn't care, but it's hard to read), and assumption of available headers/libraries, like MPI.  This may not be an option for OS X, at least in the near future.  It's also disappointing that the author didn't use libtiff, so that taudem could support lzw compression and bigtiff.